The term "Ready Golf" is a relatively new term now being referred to by the R&A and the USPGA in an effort to speed up play on the golf course. Although there are no hard and fast rules in place as yet, most of the guidelines are common sense and at Kirkintilloch Golf we are trying to adopt some of these in an effort to speed up play and make or hard-earned relaxation time fully enjoyable. So, here are some typical examples of how to adopt "Ready Golf" that we would kindly like our members and visitors adopt:-
- Hit your own shot when safe to do so if a player farther away faces a more challenging shot and is taking time to assess their options
- Shorter hitters should play first from the tee or fairway if longer hitters have to wait as they may be more capable
- Hit your tee shot if the person with the honour is delayed in being ready to play
- Take your next a shot before helping someone to look for a lost ball
- Don't wait on the green and putt out even if it means standing close to someone else’s line
- Hit your shot if a playing partner who has just played from a greenside bunker is still farthest from the hole but is delayed due to raking the bunker
- When a player’s ball has gone over the back of a green, any player closer to the hole but chipping from the front of the green should play while the other player is having to walk to their ball and assess their shot
- Mark scores upon immediate arrival at the next tee, except the first player teeing off, they can mark their card immediately after teeing off
Caddy Shed and Lockers
We have new name tags available for trolleys being stored in the caddy shed. Please ensure that your trolley has your name and allocated space number on it. Tags will be available from the bar
from Monday 15th May.
A few small lockers are now available in both the gents and ladies locker rooms. Any member who has not been allocated a locker yet and who wishes to rent one please contact the office.
Calling all members, we need your feedback!!!
To promote 2-way dialogue, we have introduced a feedback facility via this website within the members area. Simply visit the Feedback page where you can air your views, be they positive or negative. Go on, make a difference and help the club progress and share your thoughts and don't wait until the AGM!!
Contact, contact contact!
If you have recently changed your email address and it is now different to that held by the club, then please let us know via Club Secretary, Tom Cummings, this will ensure you receive newsletters etc.
For the convenience of our members, please find a copy of the Club Constitution below, simply click the icon to download.