KGC Returns Policy
Where possible, our objective is to always provide the highest standard of services to both members and visitors to Kirkintilloch Golf Club (hereafter referred to as “The Club”). Whether it is in person at the Club’s premises, via the golf club’s website or via our Online Visitor Internet Tee Time Reservation Service (BRS) our intention is to have an effective refund policy in place.
We appreciate that sometimes circumstances arise where it is necessary for our customers to be entitled to a refund after paying for goods and/or services provided by The Club. For example, this may be to cancel a casual tee-time booking; cancel an open competition booking or in some cases for The Club to do this on your behalf.
Whilst we are exempt from most of the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 as they do not apply to The Club due to the nature of our leisure business activities, the purpose of this Refund Policy is to clearly state when a refund is available and in particular the refund terms applicable with that refund.
WHAT IS THE CLUB'S REFUND POLICY?
In the event of cancellation of an event or booking by either party, we will initially offer an alternative date at no extra charge. If the alternative date is unsuitable then a refund of the payment received on the following terms will apply:-
- Payment made by debit card or cheque: 100% - a full refund will be made
- Payment made by credit card: 95% - to recover any commission and other charges
Full refunds will be made in the following circumstances:-
- Member’s subscription payments – a full refund will be given provided notice of resignation from the club is given within 14 days of payment
- Open Competition Entry – a full refund will be given provided a minimum of 24 hours notice is given prior to the start time of any competition
- Competition Ballots - on being “balloted out” of a competition by The Club i.e. if a competition that you have entered is oversubscribed, a full refund will be given
- Casual tee-time booking – a full refund will be given provided a minimum of 24 hours notice is given prior to the booked tee-time. If less than 24 hours notice is given then 50% off the agreed tee-time price will be refunded.
- Private Social Functions – provided cancellation is given 3 months in advance of the booking date a full refund of any deposit will be given
- Wedding Function - provided cancellation is given 6 months in advance of the booking date a full refund of any deposit will be given
HOW TO CANCEL
Should you wish to cancel your tee-time booking or competition entry, please contact us and quoting your booking reference. The following contact methods are available:-
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone on: 0141 776 1256
- In Writing to: The Club Secretary, Kirkintilloch Golf Club, Campsie Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1RN
- Logging onto our Visitor Internet Tee Time Reservation Service via http://www.brsgolf.com/kirkintilloch/visitor_home.php
All refund payments will be made by either Cheque or Bank Credit Transfer, and will normally be made within 21 days of application.