Our History

Kirkintilloch golf course is close to the foothills of the panaromic Campsie Fells and within the Burgh of Kirkintilloch which is now known as the canal capital of Scotland

 

The course itself was first established in 1895 and was originally designed by the legendary golf course architect James Braid, and is located only 10 miles to the north of Glasgow city centre.  James Braid is a legendary figure in golf course design and hence our golf club is a proud member of the James Braid Golfing Society.

 

The course continues to evolve and in the last few years we have taken counsel from golf course architects to enhance the course with subtle changes to our layout e.g. new tees, repositioning bunkers and all in line with our 5 year course management plan.  We believe this has led to the golf course earning numerous plaudits since its re-designed layout in 2000 and the continued subtle changes the club embarks on continue to enhance the course.

 

We are also proud to be able to say that many visitors to the club come back time and time again, both from a playing and a social persective.  A warm, friendly atmosphere always awaits one and all.

 

We are also extremely proud to have had Scottish golfing legend, Colin Montgomerie as our Honourary President for many years, please click on the Colin Mongtomerie link for his endorsement of our club.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Kirkintilloch Golf Club. Campsie Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1RN. Tel 0141 775 2387. All rights reserved.